GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your use of Computer Services is governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. By ordering services from Computer Services, you are entering into a contract with us. The terms below are important and set out our obligations to you and what you are agreeing to. They do not affect your statutory rights.
NO FIX NO FEE POLICY
If we are unable to diagnose the fault with your computer, either at your home or business premises or ours, then there will be no charges. If we are able to offer a repair option, but you refuse, then a maximum of 1 hour labour will be payable for the diagnosis.
If we provide a clear and precise diagnosis of failed component(s) and the customer decides not to proceed with the replacement of the component/repair then the customer is charged for the time spent to that point. This is normally a maximum of 1 hour labour.
We do not have specific knowledge of your computer and its configuration. Whilst we will use our best efforts to minimise disruption to your system, we cannot be responsible for any unforeseen consequences of our services.
Our services may affect manufacturer warranty validity. It is your responsibility to assess the effect of our services on any manufacturer’s warranty and take appropriate action.
We cannot be responsible or liable to you in relation to any service regarding:
• any loss or corruption of data, information or records;
• any loss of goodwill, or any loss of (or interruption to) business or contracts;
• any failure by you to follow our reasonable advice, recommendations or instructions;
• any losses you may suffer arising from your use of (or failure to use) any anti-virus software; and
• any loss that is not reasonably foreseeable.
ONSITE CALLOUT REQUIREMENTS
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for ensuring that all data and information on your computer or other hardware is saved and appropriately backed up before we access your system. We will not be responsible for any loss of data, information or records.
If you book an onsite service we will need the following at the time of appointment:
• An adult (over 18 years of age) who has a basic knowledge of the service required or any problems encountered must be present
• Access to the area and equipment being serviced and the electricity mains, plus light and power
In addition to the above requirements, if we will be working on your computer we will need:
• a person with administrator level access present
• any relevant software recovery disk(s) (or other media)
• a connected CD or DVD writer or reader (If required to install software)
Cancellation of on-site visits must be made a full 24 hours before the agreed visit date. Our hourly rate will be charged if the service is not cancelled within the specified time frame.
Computer Services will use our expert skill and care to resolve problems you have referred to us, you accept that we may not be able to correct your problem using our remote support service due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event that it is not possible, we will discuss alternative methods with you in order to resolve your problem, including an on-site call out to your home or business.
FEES & PAYMENT
All prices and charges are listed in GBP (£) unless otherwise stated. We currently accept payments made by cash, cheques and BACS transfer. Cheques must be made payable to “Computer Services”. Declined cheques will be subject to a £20.00 charge per cheque.
We are entitled to sell goods that remain uncollected and are not otherwise subject of a dispute. Before doing so we will do the following:
1. We will send written notice to the customer outlining the following:
- This will outline the customers obligations to collect the goods
- Details of the goods to be collected
- Details of the sum of money owning in respect of the goods at the time of notice is sent (e.g. repair charges, storage costs)
2. This notice will be delivered direct to the owner, left at the owners’ proper address or posted to it.
- In the case of a limited or public limited company, the registered office or principal office
- In any other case, the last known address of the owner
3. If nothing is heard from the customer within a three-month period then another correspondence will be made to the customer in writing and will be sent by recorded delivery or registered letter outlining the following:
- The same information from above
- Notice of our intentions to sell the goods if they remain uncollected
- The date of the intended sale
4. The period stated in our second notice will give the customer at least three months before the intended sale date to give the owner a chance to collect the goods.
5. If the owner still does not collect the goods by the date stated in our second notice, we will sell them. We will give the proceeds of the sale to the owner of the goods, but you we are entitled to keep any money owed to us, including the cost of the sale (e.g. advertising).
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about any aspect of dealing with us, please telephone us as soon as possible on 07858 718079 or e-mail email@example.com. We hope that we can deal with your problem in just a few moments on the telephone, however, if your complaint is more complex we may ask you to submit your complaint in writing via e-mail.